(832) 412-2223

This is a non-immigrant visa called “Trade Representative,” it allows citizens of a nation with a free trade agreement with the US to conduct substantial trade between the two countries. It is the right visa for a merchant who belongs to a nation that maintains a bilateral trade agreement with the US.

The E-1 visa is ideal for foreign citizens of a nation that has signed a free trade and investment treaty with the United States. The applicant must come to the United States, create a company, and from it, develop and direct substantial and frequent import / export operations with the applicant’s country of origin.

E-1 Visa Requirements

  • Be a citizen of the country that has a treaty with the United States.
  • That the new American company, belongs to at least 50% to the applicant investor, whose country of origin is subject to a trade agreement in force with the United States.
  • A fluid exchange and sufficient quantity to be considered constant between the United States and the country of origin.
    Trade with the United States must represent at least 50% of the total turnover achieved per year.
  • If the person is not the main dealer, must play a role that is understood as substantial within the process of commercial exchange between the two countries.
  • The period of stay will be from 1 to 5 years extendable, there will be no limit on the number of times that you can request extension of the visa. In case there are substantial changes in the basic conditions of operation of the company, such as a merger, sale or acquisition, it is necessary to submit a form and the information required for the renewal of the visa.